Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Easy Autumn Felt Crafts

For this pumpkin pincusion, I basically used the Paisley Pincusion pattern, but mine came out larger then I wanted because I didn't do the extra line of stitching on the seams to make "petals" like the pattern shows. I forgot to read the directions...oh well. I still like it!


This felt coaster set has been so fun to work on this week! The pattern was from a library book, Holiday Touches for the Country Home, and it was so easy.

To duplicate them, cut out two circles, one larger then the other, and a maple leaf design from contrasting colors of felt. Layer them, secure the layers with craft or fabric glue, and them stitch them together with a blanket stitch in a contrasting color. Use 6 strands of embroidery thread for the blanket stitching.

I want to make some Christmas coasters next...I thought I would just use my Christmas cookie cutters as simple patterns for a tree, star, stocking, snowman etc.



7 comments:

  1. Jessica these are sooooo cute! We love to come to your site and be inspired. We found some felt and are going to try making some for our house. Thanks for sharing your ideas, it makes homemaking fun.
    Blessings,
    Gloria and Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very, nice! I think you're amazing, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are two of the cutest projects! Thank you so much for showing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh, i love both these projects! the pincushion is so cute, and i am determined to make some pretty leaf coasters! thank you for showing these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkin is really cute and the coasters are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute idea and it of course works for any holiday! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete