Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer isn't over with yet...

Love my new purse? I think it's a lot of fun...a little scrappy and a little shabby chic with a few roses and a dash a sugar thrown in. Perfect for the rest of this summer.


Inspiration for the style came from Creative Little Daisy and all the pretty bags she makes. Her directions for a quilted patchwork purse are here.

Lately I've been reading the SewMamaSew blog and have found some of the best purse tutorials there. I learned how to make purse handles here and how to line a purse here.

With the leftover bits and pieces from my purse, I'm making a couple mini quilts with embroidered center blocks. I may hang them on the wall or give them away, or put them in my shop...not sure yet, but I'm enjoying making them.

by for now,
Jessica

8 comments:

  1. Both the purse and the miniquilt look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. Love that purse very colorful.
    I came across your blog and wanted to stop by and give you this link it's for a Crafty Crafters top 100 site where you can list your blog. Hope to see you there.

    http://craftycrafters.gotop100.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bag. Thanks for the link to the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I need to learn better ways to make purses. This will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bag! I love the color combination!

    I have some of the same floral and matching green fabric and I made an apron out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, Your purse is so cute and the mini quilts too. Thanks for posting the links to the tutorials.

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to make some purses lately, too. Creative Little Daisy sure has some cute stuff! I love that loop and button closure--gotta try that one! I've been using magnetic snap closures and they are too expensive to keep playing with.
    Your chickie quilt is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I love it!

    ReplyDelete