Thursday, April 24, 2008

Birthday gifts for Special Little People

A crayon roll and coloring books for little Miss Emily...

Per Mom's advice, I made one for Emily, one for Elliot (someday), and one to put in my etsy shop. Wouldn't it be fun to be a kid again and have one of these for your very own? I still love crayons, and using brand new crayons is one of the best feelings in the world. I was so excited to have a few crayons extra after filling these rolls. Anyone want to color with me?

Next is an apron and matching potholder for one of Justin's little sisters. The colors in this picture are a little off. The pink is much pinker. I designed and cut out the pattern (inspired from a picture of an apron in my Mary Jane's Stitching Room book), sewed the apron, and then re-sewed it (after I realized I'd made it too big), and sewed up the potholder all in one evening. Justin was so nice to watch Elliot and let me sew like a crazy lady.

Finally, I just finished a receiving blanket. This was the first time I'd done one with such chunky thread, but it was fun, and I thought it ended up really cute.

Hugs,
Jessica

8 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    Love all your projects you been working on. And yes, I have to agree with you, it would be fun to be a kid again to have a lovely crayon roll with which to have all my "new crayons" in. Yes, there is nothing like coloring with new crayons. : )
    I also loved your blanket you did with the chunky yarn. Was it hard on your hands to crochet with it? It came out lovely. Love the rainbow happy coloring.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Ideas...too bad I don't sew..I still like your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blanket, and the crayon roll is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Crazy Sewing Lady... the apron is absolutely BEAUOOOOOTIFUL! And Em will love the crayon roll. I can't wait till her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so fun! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Crayon Roll totally Rocks!

    Pam from ~ Off The Cuff Style~

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest baby blanket I've ever seen! Absolutely adorable! The crayon rolls are a nice gift...I'll have to try some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colorful blankets. Reminds me of something my Grandmother would make. I hope you've found more time to sew! Great blog!

    ps. I should be filling orders/sewing...but, here I sit reading up on the lives of other women that share the same passion!

    ReplyDelete