Monday, June 29, 2009

Fiddlehead Beach Party Top

I made this little summer top for Marie last week...couldn't seem to get good pictures, she'd just woken up from a nap and had gotten it all wrinkly, but here you have it.

Fabric is from a vintage sheet I bought at the Salvation Army. I'm on a vintage sheet kick right now. I can never resist roses anyway.

I love, love, love this free pattern found HERE at fiddlehead.blogspot.com Thank you so much for designing and sharing this, Kristin!

The pattern is only sized for 24 months right now, but it was easy to make a bit smaller for my 8 month old (who wears 9-12 month clothes). I took 5/8 inch seams instead of the recommended 3/8 inches, shortened the straps, and overlapped the front bodice pieces a bit more. The back has elastic in it, so the fit is adjustable. Super easy to sew together! I'd probably make more!

Love,
Jessica

10 comments:

  1. She is the sweetest baby ever, and of course she is adorable in her new top. I put the first pic on the desktop. :) Can't wait to see you and the babies tomorrow. Love you bunches. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jess---do you think it would be easy to make the pattern into a size 4?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby is soooo adorable!!!!

    I love the overlapped bodice.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue flower fairy's lil sister is so cute too specially in this pretty top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 30, 2009

    Jessica -

    I responded to your comment on my blog but I just looked at this again and it is so cute. Thanks for the shout-out, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wrinkly or not, that top looks adorable. By the way, I think babies who just got out of bed and are wrinkly themselves also are very cute too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest picture I've seen! Great top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's delightful! So is she. I love the fabric and that you repurposed vintage sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 05, 2009

    She seems to be saying.....hey, mom , how's this pose...did ya get it?

    ReplyDelete