Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Emily-na Ballerina




A few weeks ago, Emily watched an Angelina Ballerina video, and she hasn't stopped dancing ever since.

The tutu is my own pattern. No pattern, really, just 4 yards of tulle, 1 yard of sparkly organza, and 1 yard of ribbon. The top is design #5 from the 03/2008 issue of Ottobre, and it's made from stretchy crushed panne fabric. I tell you, panne is not fun to sew. It slides around, it curls up, it doesn't like my serger. This simple top should have taken less than half an hour to sew, but it took much longer. :-(

I love watching my little ballerina at work. She's so intense, but so carefree when she flitters around. Ah, the life of a child....

Ruth


5 comments:

  1. She looks adorable!

    many blessings,

    lady m

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are precious. She looks like an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. That tutu would make anyone want to twirl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet. She looks like she is having so much fun flittering around in her tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a lovely ballerina. I remember wanting to be a ballerina and then going to my first class. It was magical. Don't you love it that you can add to that feeling by making her such a lovely ballerina-outfit? Ít's really cute!

    ReplyDelete