Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Handel and my red jacket

I think my all-time favorite Christmas music is Handel's Messiah. It is probably also the most listened to album on my iPod, and not just at Christmas but all year round. The music thrills me, and I never tire of it.

This evening my family and I drove an hour to a performance of The Messiah. Initially, I was disappointed when I realized that the accompaniment was not played by an orchestra, but by an organ. No need for disappointment however, because the choir, the soloists, and the organ were all magnificent! The message of the Gospel is so beautifully portrayed through this music, and I don't think I could ever get enough of it. Tonight was absolutely wonderful.

Ruth


Here I am wearing the jacket that I posted about a few days ago. I am still undecided, but I think I like it; it does feel somewhat big on me. At the least, I do have a number of skirts that coordinate well with the jacket. :)

10 comments:

  1. I like the jacket! have you considered some embellisment? Perhaps something detachable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I think those type of wraps are supposed to be loose and flowy. I still am planning on making a purple one for myself. Hopefully before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Smith!

    I'm SO glad you and your family were able to come to the performance of the "Messiah" last night! :)

    Your jacket is really pretty! I love the color you chose...it goes so nicely with your plaid skirt!

    Many blessings to you!
    ~Chloe~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's supposed to be flowy. It looks great with that skirt that's for sure.

    I love Handel's Messiah as well. It's actually brought tears to my eyes a few times when I listened to it (I mean really listened to the words.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad I got to see your jacket in person last night! and so glad to see you, too! (tee hee) the jacket looks great!

    karen n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, Karen! It wasn't too hard, right? Thanks for the comment. And I'm always glad to see you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great jacket! I am actually making 4 double knit cardigans myself. I'm hoping to do a different self-fabric embellishment on each one. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute jacket! I like the Messiah, too and try to listen to the whole thing via CD once a season. I've sung many of the pieces from it, so it is pretty familiar to me. My children listened to the whole thing in the car last spring on the way to and from school, since the commute is 30 minutes one way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ladies! I am interested in learning to sew and while searching for some info, came across your blog. I love love love the concept that you are a mom and daughter who sew together and blog together. So awesome and special!

    Anyway, just wanted to say hello since I found my way here. :)

    ReplyDelete