Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yo-Yo Hair Clips


When we were at Oklahoma Quiltworks on Thursday, I bought two sizes of Clover Yo-Yo Makers. It didn't take long for my 14-year-old daughter, Ellen, to figure out how to use this nifty gadget, and today she made five fabric yo-yo's. She sewed a vintage button to each yo-yo and then mounted them to ribbon-covered metal hair clips.


All five clips are pictured here in Emily's hair. Aren't they pretty?! Ellen did such a great job making these hair clips! I think she should make some for sale. Anybody interested? :-)




I've made yo-yo's like these many years ago when there was no such a thing as a yo-yo maker. Let me tell you, yo-yo's are sooooo easy to make with this fantastic tool. After seeing Ellen's yo-yo's, I may just make a few myself....


6 comments:

  1. Those are cute, and I bet there are a lot of little girls who would love them. She should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I wish I had a little girl to wear some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 20, 2010

    Sweet! Such a cute idea...

    Chnuesi (Iris) from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Ellen. You are fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspiration to others Ellen, you really did a great job for making these hair clips. Looks pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete