Thursday, December 09, 2010

Tools of the Trade

Thank you for all the comments on my last post about whether to use a side zipper or back zipper in the bridesmaid dress I'm making. I am still undecided, ha ha. And I'm afraid, really afraid, to cut into the satin fabric. I guess I just need to go at it. I got sidetracked yesterday and sewed a winter skirt for myself instead---just need to hem it and then I'll post pictures. So anyway, wish me luck in overcoming my fear of satin and cutting out the bridesmaid dress. By the way, what is the best type of hem to use on a tea-length satin dress?

Because I can't seem to post without including a picture, here's one for you. Last month I made over 30 sets of pattern weights for a group of ladies in one of the sewing co-ops I belong to. Today I received an email stating that one of my pattern weight listings from Etsy was featured in an Etsy treasury. I found the collection of photos of "Tools of the Trade" to be delightful, so I'm posting it here. :-)

Happy sewing,
Ruth


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, how exciting. BTW, Thanks for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete