Saturday, March 09, 2013

Baby Baby Baby

For some time now, I have wanted to sew one of these blankets with mitered corners.  You know the blankets I'm talking about: where the backing fabric comes around to the front and forms a border with mitered corners, the blankets with an abundant number of tutorials on the internet, like here, and here, and here, and here....  Well, I finally sewed one such blanket for baby Grayson, and I'm wondering why I never made one before; it was that easy.  

 

Now to pick out more fabric and sew another for my grandson due in four weeks.  (Only four more weeks or so and I'll have another grandson!!!!!  Forgive the exclamation marks, but yes, I'm that excited!)

Speaking of that yet-unborn grandson, when my daughter asked me to recover some outdated bumper pads for a special cradle, I happily obliged.  Katie picked out the fabric, and I made the reversible bumper pads, little quilt, and coordinating sheets. The cradle was lovingly made for my son-in-law when he was a baby.  His grandfather made the cradle, and now 20-some years later his great-grandson will sleep in that same bed.  I love the tradition that is being passed down through the generations.



Lastly, this sweet picture shows 10-days-old baby Grayson with his Aunt Emily, my baby, now 7.  I am so blessed.





(claiming the blog on bloglovin) Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sewn items for the cradle, which is a wonderful family tradition. Cute picture of Emily and her nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable blanket! I've actually never seen a tutorial for this, now I want to make some up! I know my daughter would love one in minky fabric to snuggle with! :) I thought the third tutorial you posted was the best, and I laughed at the "do not sell items made from my tutorial that I copied from ten other people" disclaimer on the last one. And if you do, she's going to figure it out by...the dimensions? or maybe the "M" monogram? LOL (Sorry, personal pet peeve ;-) ).

    The cradle/cradle set is adorable! And so is baby and Aunty Emily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby blanket!! A baby blanket similar to this one is what got me interested in sewing in the first place.

    You have every right to be excited about another grandbaby added to your family! I'm sure he will look precious in the cradle set you did as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blankets, and congratulations on yet another grandbaby coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness... I absolutely love the baby blanket, sheet and matching bumpers! So sweet. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete